As we enter the second half of 2021, it seems an appropriate moment to reflect and take stock, while also considering the emerging themes and trends on the horizon as we look further ahead.
In this edition we will examine a number of topics of priority interest in the market:
• The Long Term Asset Fund
• The FCA’s feedback on depositaries’ AFM replacement plans
• The future of the UK funds regime
• How UK regulations are evolving in 2021
• The regulation of cryptoassets
• The proposed “Direct2Fund” model
Recently we have also seen significant developments in terms of the FCA’s review of the Host AFM market, as well as the FCA’s review of Assessment of Value reporting. We are currently engaging with our clients on these key topics and will address them in more detail in forthcoming editions.
It has therefore been a busy year for regulation and policy for the sector, and this looks set to continue.