The following terms and fees apply to RBS International personal bank accounts:
Our terms & conditions
The legal detail
The following terms and fees apply to RBS International non-personal bank accounts:
Terms for accounts opened before 10 December 2019
Terms for accounts opened from 10 December 2019
Want to know more about how we collect, protect and use your information? Read our privacy notice
This website is owned and maintained by The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited (RBS International). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
Use of website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and informational purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of NatWest Group ("NatWest Group") to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided for personal use and for informational purposes only.
2. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information, including information based on statutes or other legislative or regulatory instruments, given in this website is up to date, it is not possible to guarantee that this is the case and so we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon such information.
3. Levels and bases of tax referred to in this website are those applying under legislation in force at the time of writing the relevant article. These levels and bases may change, and the availability and value of any tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances. In providing this information we are not acting as tax advisers and we strongly recommend that you seek independent professional advice in appropriate circumstances. We shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon this information.
4. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular but without limitation, unless we expressly agree in writing, we do not hold ourselves out as providing advice on the suitability of accounts, products or services for you.
5. To the extent that statements contained in this website are based on information provided by third parties we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon those statements.
6. Unless specifically stated otherwise, graphs and figures used are for illustrative and information purposes only and are not based on past or projected performance. They in no way represent projections of the anticipated or expected performance of relevant products.
7. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification.
Exclusion of liability
8. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under applicable laws, regulations and any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
10. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction where we provide our services. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
11. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, incidental, consequential loss or damage,
- suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and these terms and conditions.
Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
12. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of NatWest Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
13. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
14. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
15. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular, you should obtain advice from a qualified expert before making any investment decision.
Changes to this website
16. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification and NatWest Group shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
17. Calls may be recorded.
18. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, NatWest Group reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to; viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content which is unauthorised as being in breach of the Group Dignity at Work and Information Security policies.
19. If you are not satisfied with any of our products or services, we have a complaints procedure that you can use. A leaflet, giving details of the procedure, is available from your branch upon request.
20. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the law of Jersey and any dispute regarding this website or arising as a result of the use of this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Royal Court of Jersey.
21. The access to and issue, publication, distribution, duplication or other dissemination of all or part of any of the material contained on this site is restricted by law and / or regulation in certain jurisdictions. We therefore strongly recommend that persons accessing this site inform themselves about such restrictions in order that they may observe and comply with them.
Legal information - General details
22. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited (“RBS International”) is incorporated in Jersey and registered on the Jersey Financial Services Commission (“JFSC”) company registry as a private company with limited liability. It is authorised and regulated by the JFSC with registration number 2304. Registered and Head Office: Royal Bank House, 71 Bath Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PJ. Tel. 01534 285200.
23. Guernsey business address: Royal Bank Place, 1 Glategny Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 4BQ. Tel. 01481 710051. Regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and licensed under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1994, as amended, the Insurance Managers and Insurance Intermediaries (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2002 and the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987, as amended.
24. Isle of Man business address: 2 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AN. Tel. 01624 646464. Licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority in respect of Deposit Taking, Investment Business and registered as a General Insurance Intermediary.
25. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited, Luxembourg Branch, (RBS International Luxembourg Branch). Business address: Espace Kirchberg, The Square, Building A-40 Avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg. Tel. + 352 270 330 355. Authorised and supervised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
26. RBS International is a member of NatWest Group. NatWest Group plc - Registered in Scotland No 45551. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.natwestgroup.com.
27. RBS International London Branch is registered in the United Kingdom as a foreign company with registration number FC034191 and branch number BR019279. United Kingdom business address: 1 Princes Street, London, EC2R 8BP. RBS International London Branch is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and is subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number 760675) and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of RBS International’s regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available on request.
Our supervisory authority: If you are a UK resident, The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities it conducts in the UK. We are registered in Jersey and we are regulated by the Jersey authorities as a bank. Because we are an overseas firm, in some respects, the regulatory system applying will be different from that of the United Kingdom. If you are a non-UK resident, the relevant supervisory authority is shown above.
Deposit products, savings accounts and current accounts
28. Copies of our most recent audited accounts are available for inspection on request.
29. RBS International is a participant in the Guernsey Banking Deposit Compensation Scheme. The scheme offers protection for 'qualifying deposits' up to £50,000, subject to certain limitations. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Details are available from: Website: www.dcs.gg. Telephone: +44 (0)1481 722756. Post: P.O. Box 380, St Peter Port, GY1 3FY. Deposits made in a Guernsey Branch will not be covered by any equivalent scheme in any jurisdiction outside of the Bailiwick of Guernsey. Further details of the scheme are available on request.
30. RBS International is a participant in the Jersey Banking Depositor Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the Scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website www.gov.je/dcs or on request.
31. RBS International is a member of the Isle of Man Depositors' Compensation Scheme (DCS) as set out in the Depositors' Compensation Scheme Regulations 2010. To understand your eligibility under the scheme you may wish to visit https://www.iomfsa.im/consumer-material/isle-of-man-depositors-compensation-scheme-dcs/.
32. RBS International is a member of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) as set out in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme Regulations 2015. For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, please refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk.
33. Not all accounts will be covered by these schemes, further details of these schemes are available on request.
34. As at 31 December 2019, RBS International’s paid-up capital and reserves exceeded £1,581.2 million. UK resident depositors may be subject to declaration and taxation of resulting income.
35. RBS International is a member of NatWest Group. NatWest Group plc - Registered in Scotland No 45551. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.natwestgroup.com.
36. RBS International places funds with other parts of NatWest Group and thus its financial standing is linked to the Group. Depositors may wish to form their own view on the financial standing of RBS International and the Group based on publicly available information. The latest report and accounts are available at www.rbsinternational.com/financial-results.
37. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates the interest rates as if paid and compounded each year.
38. With currency accounts there is an exchange rate risk if the currency is not the depositor's reference currency.
39. Fixed deposit accounts may not be suitable if you require easy access to your funds or an income.
40. The use of the word "Guaranteed" in relation to this product refers only to the ordinary contractual obligation of the bank to repay your capital in full upon maturity. Our products are not guaranteed by any other party and your rights to repayment upon liquidation of the bank are the same as for any other unsecured depositor of the Bank.
41. Please bear in mind that inflation may have reduced the purchasing power of your deposit by the time it has matured.
42. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
43. The value of deposits and any income from them can fall as well as rise.
44. Graphs and figures are used for illustrative and information purposes only and are not based on past or projected performance. They in no way represent projections of the anticipated or expected performance of relevant products.
45. Over 18s only. Security required.
46. CHANGES IN THE EXCHANGE RATE MAY INCREASE THE STERLING EQUIVALENT OF YOUR DEBT.
47. Please note that whilst the examples quoted on this site are fictitious, the figures quoted are based on facts and can be fully supported by reference to bank records and / or statistics. Where monthly repayments are reduced by amalgamating debts it may be that those debts are repaid over a longer period and the total amount of interest paid thereon is consequently greater.
48. APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate and is an interest rate which takes account of the full amount of interest on any money borrowed plus the timing of repayments and any other charges that you have to pay. The frequency of the interest payments, for example monthly or quarterly, affects the calculation.
49. EAR stands for Effective Annual Rate and is the annual interest rate you would pay if you were continually overdrawn for the whole year.
50. Credit cards are issued by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered office: 36 St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh. Over 18's only. Conditions apply. Subject to status.
51. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure as information might be intercepted, lost or destroyed. Please do not e-mail any account or other confidential information.
52. Our services are not offered to any person in any jurisdiction where their advertisement, offer or sale is restricted or prohibited by law or regulation or where we are not appropriately licensed.
53. Customers are advised that RBS International is part of NatWest Group plc ("NatWest Group"). NatWest Group companies in the UK and elsewhere provide support for our online banking service and can access your account data.